Intellectual Property Rights Research Group
This Group aims to publish well-established well-known respectable journals in Intellectual Property Rights
Members of the Group
- Prof. Moustafa Elmetwaly Kandeel
- Prof. Ramzi Ahmed Madi
- Associate Professor. Tariq Abel Rahman Kameel
- Associate Professor. Mohammad Alkrisheh
- Associate Professor. Fayez Mohammad Alnusair
- Associate Professor. Firas Abdel-Mahdi Massadeh
Group’s Research Interests
Intellectual Property in General, more specifically Copyright, Patents, Trademarks, Geographical Indications Domain Names, Unfair competition and Anti-trust
- Consumer Protection in The UAE: The Trademarks Act in Light of TRIPS Provisions- Authored by Firas Massadeh, Fayez Al-Nusair published in 2017 in IJIP [International Journal of Intellectual Property Rights a Scopus indexed journal]
- Analytical Study of United Arab Emirates Copyright Federal Law No. 7, 2002- Authored by Fayez Al Nusair, Firas Massadeh. Published in 2018 in ALQ [Arab Law Quarterly, a Scopus Indexed Journal].
- The Fair Trial Procedure for Intellectual Property in Light of TRIPS Provisions: An Analytical Study of Jordan and The UK – Authored by Firas Massadeh, Mohammad Alkrisheh, published in 2017 in IJIP [International Journal of Intellectual Property Rights, a Scopus Indexed Journal].
- The Role of Intellectual Property Laws in Creating a Favorable Environment for Investment – Authored by Firas Abdel-Mahdi Massadeh, Tariq Abdel Rahman Kameel, published in 2020 in ALQ [Arab Law Quarterly, a Scopus Indexed Journal].
- Trademark Cancellation and the Impact on Investment in terms of Commercial and Administrative Law: A Comparison of the UAE and Jordan – Authored by Firas Abdel-Mahdi Massadeh, Moustafa Elmetwaly Kandeel, Ali Abdel Mahdi Massadeh, accepted for publication in 2020, in IJBER [International Journal of Economic and Business Research, a Scopus Indexed Journal].
- Arbitrability of disputes arising from patents: A comparative study – Authored by Tariq Kameel
Ramzi Madi, published in 2020 in BLR [Biotechnology Law Report, a Scopus Indexed Journal].
- Is Criminalisation Necessary for the Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights in Jordan and the UAE? Criminal v Commercial Measures" Authored by Ali Massadeh, Fayez Alnusair and Firas Massadeh (work under Progress)
- Time Limitations in Criminal and Civil Litigation of Intellectual Properties: A comparative Study between England and Jordan. Authored by Firas Massadeh, Mohammad Alkrisheh and Nour Alhajaya.