Master of Public Law Apply Now
The Master of Public Law program supports the AAU’s role in promoting research and contributes to the sustained development and prosperity of the community. It is designed to help fill the needs arising for legislation professionals in order to handle the new complexities of the modern world.
To achieve distinction in the field of Public Law enabling graduates to assume key legal positions.
The program seeks to contribute to the AAU’s mission of the dissemination of knowledge and enriching original scientific research in the field of PublicLaw. It also aims at supporting the University’s effort in developing human resources and meeting the needs of the UAE community as well as the GCC for specialized legal professionals who are able to keep up with the scientific advances and the accompanying development in legislation.
- Enhancing the students’ ability to conduct in-depth legal studies and research to achieve innovative applications;
- Graduating qualified cadres that are able to keep up with the latest developments and the relevant modern legislation;
- Enabling students to understand the national, Arab, and international legislation in the various fields of public law;
- Qualifying students to contribute in developing the national public legislation system in line with the latest political, social, and economic changes.
To obtain a Bachelor’s degree in Public Law, the student must successfully complete 33 credit hours, with a cumulative GPA of 3 out of 4.
- Analyze legal texts and practical cases in a scientific and innovative manner.
- Assess various legislative, judicial and doctrinal orientations of the Emirati Legal system.
- Accomplish in-depth legal research in the various fields of Public Law using adequate research methods leading to sound results.
- Prepare legal reports and memoranda using sound legal terminology and adequate research methods.
- Compare domestic legal texts in the various fields of Public Law with their counterpart in regional and international legal system.
- Suggest innovative legal solutions leading to the development of legislative provisions to contribute to societal developments.
- Practicing the legal profession
- Work in Judicial positions
- Obtaining legal positions in various institutions