Master of Private Law Apply Now
The Master of Private Law program is designed to prepare qualified legal professionals specializing in the field of private law. The new challenges and advances of the twenty-first century in all walks of life have given rise to the need for the law to keep up. This program offers the in-depth knowledge and qualification the students need to excel in the field of private law.
To achieve distinction in the field of Private Law.
The program seeks to contribute to the AAU’s mission of the dissemination of knowledge and enriching original scientific research in the field of Private Law. It also aims at supporting the University’s effort in developing human resources and meeting the needs of the UAE community as well as the GCC for specialized legal professionals who are able to keep up with the scientific advances and the accompanying development in legislation.
- enhancing the students’ ability to conduct sound scientific legal research in the field of private law;
- augmenting the students’ ability to interpret national legislation as well as international agreements in the various fields of private law;
- training the students to compare legislation with judicial decisions in the field of comparative law and to assess the possibility of using them in developing the national law;
- meeting the community’s needs in the UAE and GCC for distinguished legal professionals who are able to provide legal consultation and keep up with the social, economic, and political developments;
- developing the students’ skills in utilizing the various available sources of information and knowledge whether electronic or print;
- fulfilling the need for faculty members in the field of private law in the UAE and GCC universities;
- enabling distinguished graduates holding undergraduate degrees in law or similar disciplines to pursue their graduate education in the UAE.
To obtain a Bachelor’s degree in Private Law, the student must successfully complete 33 credit hours, with a cumulative GPA of 3 out of 4.
- Analyze legal texts and practical cases in a scientific and innovative manner.
- Assess various legislative, judicial and doctrinal orientations of the Emirati Legal system.
- Accomplish in-depth legal research in the various fields of Public Law using adequate research methods leading to sound results.
- Prepare legal reports and memoranda using sound legal terminology and adequate research methods.
- Compare domestic legal texts in the various fields of Public Law with their counterpart in regional and international legal system.
- Suggest innovative legal solutions leading to the development of legislative provisions to contribute to societal developments.
- Practicing the legal profession
- Work in Judicial positions
- Obtaining legal positions in various institutions