Free Microsoft Office
AAU faculty, staff, and students are eligible to obtain a free subscription to Microsoft Office 365 (O365) through our campus site-licensing agreement. The O365 software exists in both desktop and online versions.
Office 365 Applications
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Publisher
Get Started with Office 365
To download the O365 desktop applications, follow these instructions:
- Open your web browser and go to https://portal.office.com.
- Log in using your AAU email address in the format of firstname.lastname@example.org and your AAU password (same as Moodle, Teams etc.)
- Once logged in, click on the Install Office button in the upper right-hand corner. Select Office 365 for the full Office suite, or else Other Install Options for other available applications:
- Launch the installer.
- Open any of the Office applications like Word.
- Sign in to activate Office. Use the same email@example.com and your AAU password (same as Moodle, Teams etc.)
- Office should now be installed and activated for use.
On macOS, the Mac App Store can be used to install the same Office 365 applications,
Please Note: The subscription to Office 365 will expire once you graduate or leave AAU.